- To further the education of all Namibians in order to achieve greater national productivity and to enhance lifelong learning
- To encourage the creation and/or to create opportunities for people to use their education
- To promote the advancement of the living standards of all the people in Namibia
- To do any act or thing which, in the opinion of the Trustees, will benefit Namibia or any or all of its inhabitants
Core values are the non-negotiable style in which the Rössing Foundation performs its services. The Foundation cherishes the following core values:
- Continuous learning and growth
- Good governance and shared leadership, and
- Partnership and teamwork.
The above values are underpinned by the following Code of Ethics:
- Mutual respect and trust
- Long-term commitment, and
- Active partnership.